FF&EZ - Design
The Design module is intended for designers and salespeople who are creating design documents or sales quotes but will be passing approved projects or sales to another party for actual ordering. It takes the design process from initial budgeting (optional) through presentation documents and then to the creation of a vendor-sorted list of products to order (the "Ordering Worksheet" report).
- Specification Library
A project or sales quote is managed on the Projects List by using it to access the contents of the project, which is divided into:
- Areas made up of...
- Rooms that contain...
- Finished Objects that are composed of...
- One or more product Specifications
Designed to calculate everything
FF&E Worksheet: Window into the detail
FF&EZ-Design includes many functions that make it very easy to create and present projects or quotes, especially if you are building projects with repetitive room types, sales quotes for replacements of previous project items or involving any type of pre-defined or brand-oriented standards. With it, you can:
- Create projects from scratch and be confident that all extended quantities and financials will be calculated correctly
- Start new specifications from templates that you can create and maintain as needed
- Copy previous or prototype projects, rooms, objects and/or specifications to create new work
- Create illustrated project books, attaching images either singly or in a batch
- Create project book entries (objects) with an unlimited number of images and sub-products (component specs).
- Calculate initial pricing using a target markup or gross margin and override the calculated price on any specification. Prices can be locked to preserve the price if a cost changes.
- Use the Pricing Tool to set markups or margins for related groups of specifications (all casework or all fabrics) and apply "psychological pricing" (or "charm pricing") automatically.
- For purchasing management projects, apply a purchasing fee percentage to each specification (you can also set up a single fixed fee if needed).
- Track specification status (designer or owner approval, vendor quote status, etc.)
- Print reports by item, by location and by vendor with multiple levels of detail
For pricing and downloadable examples of screens and reports, see the "More Information, Pricing" page.